Friday, January 27, 2012

tv rots your brain

There's a lot of good TV on.  There's also quite a bit of crap.  I never really watched a lot of TV and then I started working nights (and there were no DVRs then) so I just didn't watch anything.  I read instead and that was okay.  Then I was in a car accident and I stayed with my parents while I got better and they watched a bunch of stuff.  So I got hooked.

When I met Ray I watched CSI (Vegas), Criminal Minds and Rescue Me.  There were a few others, but I don't think they're even on TV anymore.  Now I watch a lot more TV, but it takes me forever to watch it.  I get distracted by books or video games or just something else.  And when I see the list of shows on the DVR that I have to watch I have the indescribable urge to just stop watching everything.

Every once in awhile I'll do that.  I did it with Rescue Me, CSI: Miami, House, Brother's & Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, etc.  Generally something (or someone) will start to bug me and I just stop watching.  Or I get bored with it.  Or I get so behind I can't imagine sitting for 10 hours catching up so I dump it.

There are certain shows that no matter how bad they've gotten I've stuck with them.  The best example of this?  CSI.  I LOVED Grissom.  He was the best part of that show.  Warrick was second best and Sarah was third.  When they were all gone and I was left with Katherine, Greg and Nick I thought all was lost.  And then Laurence Fishburne joined the cast and I wanted to stab someone at CBS.  Worst decision ever.  But I stuck with it and weathered the awful storm that was a not-cool-at-all-Morpheus.  And then they said he was leaving and I high-fived myself.  Then they said Ted Danson was joining the cast and I thought 'well crap, I guess this is the last season I watch CSI.'

But so far, since Grissom left this has been the best season of CSI.  Ted Danson is AWESOME.

So see how that worked out?

Here's my list:


  1. castle
  2. once upon a time
  3. modern family
  4. pan am
  5. the big bang theory
  6. how i met your mother
  7. csi
  8. csi: ny
  9. criminal minds
  10. blue bloods
  11. the mentalist
  12. 30 rock
  13. grimm
  14. the office
  15. parenthood
  16. up all night
  17. smash (i WILL be watching this one)
  18. alcatraz
  19. bones
  20. fringe
  21. glee
  22. new girl
  23. the finder
  24. terra nova
  25. raising hope
  26. vampire diaries
  27. secret circle
  28. touch (hasn't started yet)
  29. being human
  30. true blood
  31. lost girl (saw one episode, will probably watch more)
  32. warehouse 13
  33. haven
That is depressing.  Supposedly, Pan Am, Fringe & Terra Nova are getting cancelled so that's three shows I won't be watching.  I've got to whittle this list down some.  I was going to ditch The Mentalist when he killed Red John, but I forgot to remove it from the record list and automatically started watching it and found out he didn't kill Red John.  Hmmm.  The Office and 30 Rock haven't been making me laugh too much, but I think that's about it.  I could probably dump Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle, but I probably won't.  So that's a lot of TV.

I'm doomed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much