Monday, January 30, 2012

the circle series


black: the birth of evil
red: the heroic rescue
white: the great pursuit
The Circle Series
graphic novels/fantasy
thomas nelson, inc.
published 2007

Running away from a hit man, Thomas Hunter gets clipped by a bullet.  He escapes to his sister's house and passes out.  While unconscious, he enters another world, another reality.  When he falls asleep in that reality he awakens in the world he began in.  He starts to realize that there is more connected in these realities beside himself.

Based on the books by Ted Dekker these are pretty interesting.  At first it kind of reminded me of the Outlander books, but it's really not like that at all.  Of course, I didn't read Ted Dekker's original books, just these graphic novels.  The story was interesting and the artwork was great.  I liked that the entire series was in color and I liked the back and forth though at times it could get confusing.  Sometimes I wasn't sure how something translated over into the other world.

I probably won't read the novels, they're really not my thing, but I do have a book by Ted Dekker, The Bride Collector that's been on my Nook forever.  Maybe I'll put that on my TBR list for February!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much