Sunday, January 1, 2012

the tale of the easy bake

Emma has asked for some interesting things from Santa in the past years.  The most memorable was the Clapper.  She was 3 and she saw the infomercial for the Clapper and said she wanted one.  Months later when it was time to make up her wishlist for Christmas she only wanted the Clapper.  We really thought she would forget about it, but anytime anyone asked her what she wanted for Christmas she would tell them she wanted a Clapper.  She hated going to see Santa, but this time she insisted we go so she could ask him for one.  Closer to Christmas we realized we needed to get a Clapper.  Christmas Day she was over the moon.

This year she was all about this metal shopping cart that she saw at a local toy store.  Then my friend Kim went to this big resale event that goes on here and she found one for a third of the price.  She grabbed it for us so we thought we were pretty set.

Then she started with the Easy Bake Oven.

I told her early on that she was too young for one.  'It says 8+ on the box,' I told her.  'But it also says 'easy' on the box, mama!' was her reply. 

This went on for a couple of months and I pretty much had her convinced she wasn't getting an Easy Bake Oven.  Then she told me she was going to ask Santa for one.  By this time I already knew my sister was going to get one for her.  I told her she was going to be Emma's favorite person if she got that for her.  She said 'I've been waiting to get her one of those since she was born.'  I'm pretty sure my daughter was meant to be born to my sister.  They are very much alike.

Anyhoo...skip to Santa's visit.  While in line she told me she was going to ask for the oven again.  I reminded her that Santa wouldn't bring it because she was too young.  She said 'I know mama!  You can sit on Santa's lap and ask for an Easy Bake Oven!  Then when he brings it to you then you can give it to me!'  Uhhhh....seriously kid??  Sneaky!!

She went ahead and asked Santa and of course, the mall Santa did not tell her she was too young for an Easy Bake Oven.  When we were walking away she told me Santa didn't say anything about her being too young.  Christmas comes and she opens her presents and is super happy.  Afterwards, I ask her if she got everything she wanted.  'Yes!' she said, 'oh, except my Easy Bake Oven.  I guess you can't trick Santa.'

*sigh*


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much