Tuesday, June 14, 2011

let’s chat

I’m thinking about writing a blog post, but I am completely distracted by the Glee Project and not in a good way.

I’ve come to the realization that I don’t like actor wannabes.  I don’t think I spelled that right, but whatever, you get the point.  I love Glee and I know that they’re going to have to introduce new characters and not everyone is going to be Darren Criss.  I thought if I watched this show that would endear one of them to me so that when they eventually end up on the show I won’t hate them.

It’s not working so far.

Half of them creep me out, most of them make me think of cheap imitations of the original cast.  There’s a Santana, a Rachel, a Mercedes, an Artie and none of them are nearly as good as who they wish they were.  I’ll give it a chance, maybe I’ll end up liking someone.

Tomorrow Emma and I are going to take the train to meet Ray.  We have to leave the house around 6:30-ish.  That should be an adventure.  Emma’s been on the light rail, but not the train so I’m excited to take her though she might just want to sleep since she is my late waking baby.  But she’s super excited to see her Daddy.  We’ll be right next door to the It’s-It Factory.  We’ll be stopping by there of course.  Ray will be in meetings for the day so we’ll have to find some stuff to keep us busy.  I’d like to go into the city, but I am a mess when it comes to taking public transportation.  I’ll let you know if we get lost.

If you’ve never read a Jack Reacher novel go out and get one right now.  You should start with the first one, The Killing Floor, but my favorite is probably the second book Die Trying.  While reading that book I had to set it down so I could exclaim to anyone within hearing distance that I LOVE Jack Reacher.  He is a bad ass good guy.

Let me give you a little background on this guy.

Jack Reacher has spent almost all of his life in the military.  His father was a Marine and he eventually joined the Army.  He’s 6’5” with a 50-inch chest and can break a man’s neck with one hand, kill a man with a single punch.  Blond, blue-eyed.  He mustered out of the Army in the late 90’s and since he’d spent all of his life on some sort of military base, mostly outside of the US he decided he would just drift from town to town and see the country he was a citizen of, but barely knew.

Somehow he always finds trouble.  Part of his problem is that he cannot stand to see injustice.  Can’t stand to see someone weaker being bullied or threatened by someone stronger.  Despite his desire to keep to himself and just meander through the rest of his life his conscience won’t let him walk away.  Sometimes he comes across as cold and uncaring, but he’s definitely the opposite.

All in all, Jack Reacher is one of the best book characters.  I always thought I would love to see Lee Child’s novels turned into a movie just so I could see Reacher in action.

Now I wish it will never come to be.

Why, you ask?  Because the actor they’re considering to play Jack Reacher is Tom Cruise.  I’m not joking.  It sounds like a joke.  Tom Cruise is literally the antithesis of Jack Reacher.  And I don’t like Tom Cruise.  I should like the actor who plays Reacher.  To be honest I cannot think of anyone who could play Reacher.  And apparently, that’s the problem they’ve always had.  Lee Child’s books were optioned years and years ago, but there was never any clue as to who could play Reacher.  I guess they gave up and are trying to hire the guy who was available.

If I don’t sound upset enough it’s because I can’t properly express to you how devastating this news is to me.  When they cast Josh Hutcherson as Peeta I was upset.  And I still am, but really, I could care less.  I don’t think I will be as excited about The Hunger Games movies as I would have been about seeing Reacher on the big screen.  If Tom Cruise is actually cast I won’t see the movie.  Period.  I don’t mind some altering going on.  A movie can’t be a complete copy of the book, but this is the main character!  This is why the books are written!  Why they’re as good as they are!  AND TOM CRUISE IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO!!!!!

So let’s see…..something good……I got nothing.

Let’s move on.  Actually, let’s not.  This post is way too long as it is.  So there you are.  Several paragraphs of rambling for your amusement, ridicule or for you to ignore completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much