Sunday, June 12, 2011

my little salesgirl

We had our garage sale yesterday.  It went well.  We sold junk.  Mostly Emma’s junk so girl made some cashola.  But the highlight of the day was Emma’s lemonade stand.

She was soooooo excited to set up, but started out somewhat timid.  Ray told her she had to call out, ‘lemonade for sale’ so people noticed her.  Once he gave her the idea, she ran with it and it was DAMN CUTE!  I know she’s my kid and I’m supposed to think she’s cute, but seriously people she was cute.

She spent the night before at my parents’ house and she and my mom made cookies, wrapped them in twos in plastic wrap and she was going to sell those for 50¢.  

Later in the day a guy stopped by to check out our wares and didn’t find anything he was interested in.  He dropped a quarter in Emma’s money box and asked for a lemonade.  She poured him and cup and then also handed him a package of cookies.  She said ‘it comes with cookies too’.  He replied ‘wow!  I feel like I should give you some more money!’ and then he dropped a few more quarters in. 

The kid loves money, don’t get me wrong, but I think she just mainly liked the idea of playing store.
Her first customer of the day.
Showing off her first dollar.
This one came out super blurry, but it was the only one I took of her whole table!  

Doesn’t she look so happy?
So now she’s spending another night at Ba-chan & Ji-chan’s house because she didn’t get in enough crafting time the day before what with all the cookie baking.  She and my mom do crafts together like nobody’s business.  She even has her own sewing machine over there.

Two nights in a row … that’s unheard of around these here parts.  I miss he when she’s just gone for the day.  Ridiculous, I know.  *sigh*

But on a happy note it's Comment Love Day over at FTLOB!  Yay!  Happy CLD everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much