Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dangerous Territory


My Notie Natalie got me interested in For the Love of Blogs and I’ve been addicted ever since.  I go there several times a day to see what’s new and hopping and I’m starting to get used to all the hops and link ups and whatnot they’ve got going on.

My favorite is Comment Love Sundays.  You add your blog to the list, comment on the post and then visit the blogger who commented before you.  You make sure to leave them a genuine comment and then you can hop over to some other bloggers who have listed their blogs as well.  It’s so much fun.

The downside?  Every week I find new and interesting blogs to read and add them to my RSS reader.  Today alone I started following 8 new (to me) blogs!  And I like to go back in time and start from the beginning if I can.  I feel like I might miss all the good bits if I skip to the end.

Now, it’s not really a downside except that now I’ve got well over 50 blogs to follow and little time to do that.  And I know I’ve really just scratched the surface of all the goodies that are out there.  Maybe sometime next week I’ll take a page from Natalie’s blog and list some of my favorites so I can share the love.  Until then, I’ve got some blog reading to do!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I've long since given up on being able to go back to the beginning, though I do agree, that's the best way to meet a new blogger. I've got over 200 bookmarked, though - yesterday, I had 294 articles left to read and nothing was newer than Thursday, so I just marked them all as read and decided to move forward from here. I felt guilty, like I wasn't giving enough respect to the words of my friends, but you know what? Too bad. I was doing good to make it through the 100+ to get as far as I did.

    I think i need to trim my bookmarks, but how would I ever choose? And some of those are promising for some really good drama any minute now - i'd hate to stop reading and miss it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and adding me to your reading list!
    I love your reading button, too. Good idea...
    I definitely know what you mean about all of the blog following. Until I got hooked on FTLOB, I had NO idea there were SO many awesome and creative bloggers out there!!! I blows my mind.
    I've got you on my Favorites bar AND added you to my list.
    Have a great day Kari!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much