Monday, March 7, 2011

Music Makes the World Go Round

Some of my favorite quotes are from songs.  After all, aren't lyrics just poetry set to music?  I think so.  And because I'm being lazy, I'm crediting the singer and not necessarily the songwriter because I am lazy.

'Take your records, take your freedom, take your memories I don't need them.  Take your space and all your reason, but you'll think of me.'  -Keith Urban, You'll Think of Me

'I've thrown away everything I've written you.  Anything just to keep my mind from thinking how I had you once, oh I can't forget that.  Sometimes I wish I could lose you again.'  -Jimmy Eat World, Your House

'See I'm all about them words, over numbers, unencumbered, numbered words.  Hundreds of pages, pages, pages more words, more words than I have ever heard and I feel so alive.  'Cause you and I both loved what I spoke of and others just read of, others just read of.'  -Jason Mraz, You & I Both

'I will meet you in some place where the light lends itself to soft repose.  I will let you undress me, but I warn you I have thorns like any rose.  And you could hurt me with your bare hands.  You could hurt me using the sharp end of what you say.  I am lost to you now.  There's no amount of reason to save me.'  -Jewel, Break Me

'Her feelings she hides.  Her dreams she can't find.  She's losing her mind.  She's falling behind.  She can't find her place.  She's losing her faith.  She's fallen from grace.  She's all over the place.'  -Avril Lavigne, Nobody's Home

'And I see you fogging up the mirror, vapor round your body glistens in the shower and I wanna stay right here and go down on you for an hour.'  -Third Eye Blind, Blinded

'I don't wanna waste another moment saying things we never meant to say.'  -Michelle Branch, Breathe

'Home is a feeling I buried in you.  I'm all right.  It only hurts when I breathe.'  -Melissa Etheridge, Breathe

'I've been everybody else now I wanna be something closer to myself.'  -Kendall Payne, Closer to Myself

'I'll get past what was if I live long enough.'  -LeAnn Rimes, One of These Days

'You hurt me more than I ever would have imagined.  You made my world stand still and in that stillness there was a freedome I never felt before.'  -Sarah McLachlan, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

'What will it do to me knowing we'll always be under one sun.'  -Zoppi, One Sun

'If I am another waste of everything you dreamed of I will let you down.'  -Nine Days, If I Am

''Cause you can't make somebody see with the simple words you say.  All the beauty from within, sometimes they just look away.'  -Martina McBride, Good Bye

'Oh God, if you're out there won't you hear me?  I know that we've never talked before.  Oh God, the man I love is leaving.  Won't you take him when he comes to your door?'  -Sarah McLachlan, Hold On

'There it was there, baby you peed my name in the snow.'  -Bif Naked, Anything

So I'm going to start doing these every other week instead of every week.  I don't want to run out of quotes, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much