Sunday, March 13, 2011

Let’s Talk About TV

I watch entirely too much of it.  But in a weird way.  See I get distracted by books so I generally will put off watching TV until the number of shows on our DVR reaches almost triple digits or I get sick.  For some reason I don’t like to read when I’m sick.  It’s like there is too much effort in holding a book up.  Much easier to lay there staring mindlessly at the TV.  Since I’ve been miserably sick this week I’ve just banged out some TV and I am now only a week behind on my shows.

Let’s discuss what I watch, shall we?

  1. Being Human
  2. Bones
  3. Blue Bloods
  4. How I Met Your Mother
  5. Perfect Couples
  6. Traffic Light
  7. CSI
  8. CSI: NY
  9. Castle
  10. The Mentalist
  11. Top Chef
  12. Private Practice
  13. Raising Hope
  14. Modern Family
  15. The Office
  16. 30 Rock
  17. Shameless
  18. The Big Bang Theory
  19. The Defenders
  20. The Ricky Gervais Show
  21. The Vampire Diaries
  22. Criminal Minds
  23. True Blood
  24. Gossip Girl
  25. Project Runway
  26. Glee
  27. Lie To Me
  28. Mr. Sunshine
  29. Parenthood
  30. The Walking Dead
  31. Fringe
  32. Nurse Jackie
  33. Haven
  34. Warehouse 13

That’s a lot of shows.  Granted, some of them aren’t on right now and some of them will probably get cancelled this season, but that’s what I watch.  What’s worse is that I’m about a season and a half behind on both Castle & Gossip Girl.  Ugh.  Everytime I think about maybe watching a new show I remember that I hardly watch these ones!

If I were to whittle away at this list and watch only the ones I could not live without … it would be:

  1. Bones
  2. Criminal Minds
  3. Shameless
  4. How I Met Your Mother
  5. Modern Family
  6. Glee
  7. Top Chef

But really, I’m not going to do that.  I figure I’ll catch up during the summer when there’s not much else on.  Though, I’ve got a lot of book reading planned so who knows?

What’s your favorite TV show?  Anyone out there watch more than I do??

4 comments:

  1. Six months maternity leave is also a good time to catch up on say, all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and 5 seasons of Angel. I watch a lot of TV when I feel too mentally fried to read one of the 600 books (I'm not joking) in my personal library.

    I watch: The United States of Tara, House, Modern Family, The Middle, Mr Sunshine, The Office, Millionnaire Matchmaker, Bethenny Getting Married, The Real Housewives of (whatever), Cops, Jackass, Plastic Makes Perfect, Jersey Shore, Police Women of (whatever), Beyond Scared Straight, Grey's Anatomy, My Strange Addiction, 48 Hours Hard Evidence, Untold Stories of the ER, re-runs of Seinfeld/Friends/Sex and the City, House Hunters, Property Virgins, What Not to Wear, Mayday, Til Debt Do Us Part, Trailer Park Boys and Jeopardy.

    As you can see, I feel mentally fried A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am typing this to you Ixy I am staring at my boxed sets of Buffy & Angel. You are awesome!

    I miss Jackass. I love 48 Hours, but I always forget to watch it!! Maybe I'll try to catch it this week...shall I put it on the DVR? So dangerous!

    I decided this year I'm going to try to read all the books I have in my library that I've never read so I can justify the buying of more books. Then I got distracted by the library and I think I have read zero books from my personal shelves. Fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nights when my hubby falls asleep before me and I get the remote!! Food Network or Bravo suck me in - it's terrible. Better are the nights when I can read and read and without interruption. I just finished Belong To Me.
    Came by via FTLOB and I'm hooked on yours! My daughter is 7 and so I can relate to a lot of your posts!
    I look forward to stopping by again!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jennifer - Don't you hate getting hooked on Food Network at 11 pm at night and you desperately NEED whatever food is being displayed!? I crave everything I see on that network! Belong to Me is on my TBR list this year. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much