Saturday, March 26, 2011

do you believe it??

Well, we finally did it.  I’m pregnant!  Nine weeks and counting.  We found out at around 5 weeks and my mom said ‘this is going to be the longest pregnancy ever!’  I tend to agree except thinking back I knew with Emma right away too so it’s not that bad I guess.

The whole thing has been rather surreal and honestly, it just hasn’t sunk in yet.  Though looking at me you would instantly know I’m pregnant since I already look about 20 weeks gone.  Yay second pregnancy!  But I’m okay with that.  We went out and bought some maternity pants at about 7 weeks because I was so uncomfortable.  Seven weeks.  Maternity pants.  To my utter delight my maternity jeans make me look skinnier than my regular jeans did!  How does that work?  I don’t know, but I’ll take it.

We told Emma first because we felt like she should be the first to know.  It was kind of iffy because I wasn’t far along at all, but so far so good.  She mainly giggled a lot.  She insists that the baby is a girl though she’s recently admitted that she would love the baby if it was a boy too.  She kisses my tummy and talks to the baby and right now is very excited to be a big sister.

One of the pros of going through the fertility clinic is that we’ve already had two ultrasounds.  Now, at this point there really isn’t much too see except for the heartbeat *squee!*, but there is something comforting about knowing for certain the baby is growing and thriving.  I don’t know if it’s because I’m older, or because it was so hard to get pregnant this time, but I am in a constant state of paranoia this time around. 

Despite the feeling yucky and paranoid things are going swimmingly!  Ray moved the bookshelves out of my office and Emma’s baby furniture in.  My sister & brother-in-law with their sixth sense had bought Dominic a new bed and re-converted his old crib/bed back into a crib and had our crib ready to go.  We just have to get a couple of things moved around and it will no longer be my office/library, but our second child’s room.

How exciting is that??

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! And yay for sexy maternity jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

    And YAY some more!!!

    Pics plz, kthxbi.

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much