Thursday, January 27, 2011

Boys

When Ray and I picked Emma up from preschool we let her run around and play while we chatted with some of the other parents.  I noticed that all of the boys were speaking in robot voices ‘Get Em-ma Ro-bot, get Em-ma Ro-bot!’  She thought this was fun for about 38 seconds and then I could hear her yelling that she wasn’t playing anymore.

Now, these kids are almost as tall as me.  Yes, I’m short.  So when she came running up to me to save her I bent down and said ‘Go to Daddy!’  She ran over to Ray who scooped her up and (because he is tall and scary) frightened all the boys away.  I thought to myself how she appreciated this now, but in 11/12 years or so she wouldn’t so much anymore.

It reminded me of one time when I got a little too tipsy.  My two guy friends Randy & Alan took upon themselves to get me and my truck home.  When Randy walked me up to my door at my parents’ house my Dad opened the door just as we got up to the front porch.  Randy kind of pushed me through the door, yelped something about me being drunk and ran away.

The next day when I saw Randy at work he asked if that was my Dad that answered the door.  When I confirmed he said ‘Your Dad is pretty scary.’

Good luck teenage Emma.  You’re going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much