Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Missing My Books

This year I thought I would try to read less books.  Yes, less books.  I read 202 books last year and I know I could have read more if I wanted too.

This year I wanted to slow down on the books and ramp up some other hobbies.  I’ve done well.  Emma and I have taken little trips, had some play dates, we’re starting to take walks/ride bikes.  I’ve taken pictures everyday.  Everywhere we go I see things I want to take pictures of so I carry my camera everywhere.  And I’ve been blogging more and reading a lot more blogs from others.  Oh!  I’ve also kept up with the TV shows I watch.  Usually by the end of the TV season I have 22 episodes multiplied by however many shows I’m watching.

But I miss my books!

I’ve only read 7 books this month so far and 6 of those were graphic novels.  Granted, the 1 novel I read was over 1,000 pages so at least that’s something.  I started these other six books a little over a week ago and am only halfway through them all.  And these are books that I’ve wanted to read and have put off already for so long!

So my plan is to read as much as I can, whenever I can.  I will have our play dates and walks and ride bikes.  I’ll continue my couch to 5k training, maybe do enough to lose a few pounds, take a couple of yoga classes and maybe, with prodding from Julie, I’ll attempt a Zumba humiliation course.  I will take my camera with me everywhere.  I will take pictures when I see something that I must preserve.  I will write these rambling blog posts and maybe make you laugh … or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much