Saturday, January 22, 2011

No More Excuses

As you know, I have not been very good at my lofty goal-ness.  Since that post on the 9th I still haven’t exercised.  I think about it, but never quite get around to it.

A couple of weeks ago Ray went out to Best Buy and came back with a Nike + for me.  I’ve ‘wanted’ one because it’s nifty and does stuff.  Basically, you put it in your shoe and it keeps track of your workout in conjunction with your iPhone or iPod.  It keeps track of how many miles you’ve run, calories you’ve burned, how long you’ve worked out…etc., etc.
So I decided that it would be great to use with my new lofty goal-ness of exercise, but I needed running shoes that didn’t hurt my feet and I needed some sort of pouch that I could put the sensor in and attach it to the shoe or I needed to get some Nike shoes that were Nike + ready.  I haven’t really been on top of that.

Today we stopped off at the Nike outlet so Ray could get a new sweatshirt and I found some shoes that were comfy and cute and … wait for it … Nike + ready.
Now I’ve Inserted the thingie-ma-bobbie into the shoe and sync’d it up to my iPhone so I’m ready to go.
So now I have no more excuses.  Tomorrow I start my lofty goal-ness.

… Or maybe Monday.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so sad that I don't have any fancy "i" technology. I want a shoe thingie-ma-bobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you got one we could be friends on nikerunning.com and we would be cool(er than we already are).

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much