Saturday, March 12, 2011

Goodbye

My grandmother passed away this morning.  She was almost 93 years old.  She’d been sick for some time now and we went up to see her just a couple of weeks ago.  I am grateful that Emma knew her ‘Amo’ Grandma and I hope, despite how young she is she remembers her when she gets older.

I have the best memories of my grandparents’ house, running around like wild things, playing in the ‘forest’, watching out for the black widows my Dad assured us were around somewhere.  One of my favorite memories of my grandparents was them taking us to this little pond to go fishing.  Grandma was the coolest because she didn’t think it was gross to hook a worm.  She did it the best.

Grandma and Grandpa Wedding

Grandma & Grandpa at their wedding.  October 18, 1942.

I love you Grandma.  I hope you are resting peacefully with Grandpa now.  Sweet dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like a beautiful person. Peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss ... sweet memories you shared ... prayers and thoughts to you and your family ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...Im so sorry for your loss....to live in hearts you leave behind is not to die <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came from Comment Love. I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments.

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much