Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let’s See How This Goes

A week or so ago my Notie Natalie tagged me in this 7 facts bloggie thing.  I’ve told y’all about Natalie before.  She has the greatest blog name ever – My Blog is Boring and it’s completely not boring.  If you haven’t checked her out you should.  You can also check out her featured post on FTLOB.  So I decided to do it because it’s a … wait for it … list!  *squee*

 
The Rules:
1.  Copy the 7 Facts picture (above - the one with the sunflowers) and paste it in your blog.
2.  Thank the person who tagged you.  Share the bloggy love and link back to their blog.
3.  Share 7 Facts about yourself.
4.  Pass the love to 15 other bloggers.
Here goes!
 
1. I have no marketable skills.  Mostly I was a really good waitress.  I could handle any number of tables you threw at me, all at once or in spurts.  Seriously.  A lot of tables.  And I made really good money, was hardly ever stiffed.  Which is really surprising because I was not a smiley, cheery waitress.  Especially when it came to cocktail hour.  Then I was just a bitch and people ate it up and tipped me even more.  I fell into a corporate job when I decided I needed to grow up and get out of the restaurant business before I died of alcohol poisoning (no that isn’t an exaggeration).  There really is no way in hell I’ll be able to repeat that ‘getting a corporate job’ business. 
 
2. I really miss waiting tables sometimes.  Mostly, I miss the people I got to know when I was waiting tables at The Brit.  I had some of the best times there, both on and off work.  The greatest people came in there when I worked there.  I had the best regulars who after awhile I didn’t even call them ‘regulars’ they were just my friends.
 
3. I used to dance Hawaiian, Tahitian & Polynesian.  I have some trophies and ribbons from competitions.  My sister and I would go to our lessons at ‘Auntie Gerry’s’ house in this little enclosed patio she had.  She taught us a lot and she was fantastic.  I don’t remember why I stopped, but sometimes I think I should start up again.  Then I remember the costumes and my giant belly and think it’s best not to subject people to that horror.
 
4. I was a Girl Scout from 1st grade all the way though to my senior year in high school.  Then I was a girl scout leader for a couple of years afterwards.  I LOVED Girl Scouts, still do.  I think Girl Scouts had a huge reason why I am the person I am today.  I’m hoping Emma will love it as much as I did.
 
5. I love me some video games.  I haven’t played them very much recently because I’ve been reading so much, but I love ‘em.  Especially Mario and Zelda or hack and slash games.  Games like Halo and Call of Duty stress me out too much.  I’m always afraid of walking around a corner & getting shot or someone sneaking up behind me.  Plus I suck at controlling my characters in those games.  Too many things to do.
 
6. I still have my ‘blankie’ and sleep with it every night!  
 
7. I love to go camping, but haven’t been in years.  Years and years.  I have the greatest memories of camping with Girl Scouts, with friends and family.  I love camping food, sleeping on the ground, the smell of the campfire, I love everything about it.  Well, except maybe porta-potties.
 
So there it is people!  And here’s the bloggers I’m tagging!  Just 10 for me!
 

2 comments:

  1. No marketable skills but you can handle a restaurant full of customers? Girl, that's multi-tasking, customer-service, order-entry, quality-control. Businesses love people like you! You're totally Marketable!!!

    If you come to Kentucky this summer, I'll take you camping. I love camping and i can't wait for the weather to be warm enough.

    You're awesome, Notie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, hate here haha! I'm impressed with your waitressing love; I'd probably end up dumping someone's plate on them accidentally on purpose. I also love hyperbole and a half - it's my very favourite blog!

    Yours is pretty snazzy too and I'm a new follower :)

    Visiting from FTLOB

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much