Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Power of the Internet

I honestly think that one of the best things to happen to new authors was the internet, especially places like GoodReads or Shelfari.  It gives authors a place to really connect with their readers and reach out to new ones.  There are plenty of authors out there who are finding their niche in basically publishing online.  Or gathering a fan base before taking their novels to Barnes & Noble for the big time.

Jason Ancona contacted one of the book bloggers who hosts the YA Challenge offering his book, C.Y.A.: Covert Youth Agency: The Case of Tangled Love to participants in the challenge.  Our fearless host Jamie in turn contacted us to let us know.  Jason was lovely and emailed me an epub version of the book and I got to reading.

C.Y.A. is a story about Agents Pi, Lightman & Tollhouse who head up a secret group dedicated to helping any student in need, as long as they know how to contact them.  No one knows who C.Y.A. really is and their secret way of communicating to students only adds to the intrigue.  Enter Vera, beautiful, kind and the object of Pi's secret longing for years.  She thinks her boyfriend JackO might have cheated on her and she wants to know if he did and it turns out that the C.Y.A. is just the group to help her out.

But how far will they, or really, Pi go to prove this case?  Is integrity worth the girl of his dreams?

I was taken by surprise by the book.  The characters were fun and complex, each a story within the story.  Funny, suspenseful and uplifting.  It was surely set up as the beginning of hopefully a long series.  The writing was great and at times I had to force myself to put the book down so I wouldn't tear through it quite so fast.  In fact, I liked it so much I immediately purchased Jason's other book Debugging Tori Redding for my Nook! 

Thank you so much Jason for taking the time to reach out to us!  I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much