Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Would You Do??

So at some point at school Emma’s preschool teachers told the kids that if they had rainbows around (drawings of) on St. Patrick’s Day the leprechauns will come and leave treats and maybe some coins.

Whaaaaaaat??

We don’t do that here.  We never even thought about doing that here.  We wear something green and have corned beef & cabbage.  Maybe we’ll have some green kind of dessert.  But we don’t leave treats around the house from the leprechauns.

I wish that her teachers would have maybe forewarned us.  This afternoon Emma realized that she didn’t have a rainbow in the house so she drew this:

1000000244

A rainbow complete with a pot of gold and her name so the leprechaun would know who to leave treats for.

I have no treats!!!  I don’t really want to start this tradition.  Emma really doesn’t want for much.  We do Valentine’s Day, Easter, Birthdays, Christmas … I don’t think we need to do St. Patrick’s Day too, do we?

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of such a thing. Can you give her a pencil or a new chapstick or something? Dumb ol' teachers - why do kids have to get candy every time some imaginary fairy-land creature has a birthday or a bowel movement?

    I'm irritated for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I'm like 24 hours too late for this to matter at all. What'd you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we didn't even find out until it was St. Patrick's Day! I found two trick or treat packets of Skittles (perfect since they're rainbow candy - I know, I'm fancy) and Ray clipped them to her white board. Wouldn't you know it, she made an immediate bee line for the whiteboard as soon as we were up! My cousin in 6 and apparently at her school the leprechauns wreak havoc on the classroom so she's terrified of them. I'm looking forward to that stage.

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much