Monday, September 12, 2011

attitude is everything


I realized today that it's been almost a week since I last posted.  Do you remember when your mother would tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say then you shouldn't say anything at all?  Well that's basically how I've felt for the past week.  And I've felt like blogging, but really all I would do is complain about how crappy I feel, how sick of everything I am and blah blah blah.  Frankly, I'm sick of hearing myself complain.  I'm even sick of the complaining I do in my inner monologue.  As Kendall Payne sings in 'Closer to Myself' I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

So because of all that I haven't really blogged.  Today I'm changing things!

This weekend was busy...as usual.  We've been trying to get our kitchen organized for quite some time.  I used to cook A LOT.  I love to cook elaborate meals (desserts not so much...in fact I suck a desserts), have all the burners on my stove going and all that jazz.  That being said, that means I have a shitload of kitchen stuff and not enough places to put them.  Ray's pointed out many times that things are so crammed in cabinets or on shelves in the garage that I don't even remember what I have.  Plus I'm short so stuff that in the top of said cabinets I couldn't even tell you what's up there.

We started looking at Industrial Post Shelving.  It's sold at Storables out here, but you can find similar stuff at Ikea or The Container Store.  It's just metal shelving and you build them however you want.  So we got a giant shelf, a baking station and another shelf with three shelves with a butcher block on top.  Ray put them together yesterday and now I just have to organize them.  Clean & organized kitchen here we come!

Emma's really learning by leaps and bounds in kindergarten.  It's amazing how her 5 year-old brain just soaks up all this info.  She's really into reading and sounding out stuff right now.  We've started to find post it notes all over.  I found this one on a box of crackers.


Not bad, eh?

I finished up my first roll of film on the Canon.  Woohoo!  First I had to figure out where in Morgan Hill I could get film developed faster than days.  So I dropped it off at Target and picked it up after Emma got out of school.  I love the grainy pics, but I definitely need more practice with the camera, especially the manual settings.  I have a roll of black and white in right now.  Can't wait to see how those pictures turn out!






So here's to hoping things start looking up!  It's all in the attitude, right??


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much