Tuesday, September 6, 2011

i'm going to take this moment to bitch...a lot.


This week I have three doctor appointments.  By Friday I will have poked myself with a tiny, mean little needle 16 times from today.  Unless something is off then I'll have to do it more times.  To add to all the fun-ness that is this pregnancy I have pretty much constant acid reflux.  I didn't even really know what that was until now.  I guess that's fitting considering that I didn't know what heartburn was until I was pregnant with Emma.

When I was pregnant with Emma, near the end I started swelling like a balloon.  It was INSANE!  It lasted for about a week after she was born.  My brother-in-law and I were talking about it this weekend.  He said he just remembered how swollen I got and how he didn't think someone could get that swollen.  I told him I remembered him standing over my legs as they were propped up on the ottoman commenting on how nuts it looked.  I'm starting to get there again a bit.

And the leg cramps.  They started a couple of nights ago and I've had one every night since.  A friend of mine said if I took my calcium pills at night that would help so I've got to try that.  It's also a dehydration thing, but if I drink too much water before bed the acid reflux just loooooves that.

Saturday night I woke up around 3:00 a.m. thanks to my good pal acid reflux, but things just went downhill from there and I was actually throwing up in Ray's little office garbage can.  Why the garbage can, you ask?  Because I was also partaking in a little diarrhea removal.  Yes!  So fun!  I find that sitting in the shower when I feel like crap always helps so that's what I did.  Felt a little better when I got out and got into bed where I began shivering uncontrollably.  I could not get warm!  And I sleep with 7 blankets.

So what I've learned from all this is that I basically can't eat anything.  Not too much salt because it will make me swell.  Not too much sugar because things will go bad for the baby.  No tomatoes, lemon, vinegar, spicy, et al. because of the acid reflux.

But I know that the pay off is greater than all this.  That I signed up for this and wanted it (and still do) so badly.  That even though she's at the stage where she is seriously trying to cause great bodily damage to my internal organs with her little pointy elbows and feet it is all worth it. 

On the bright side, with the three appointments I think I only have to pee in a cup for one.  Yipee!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much