Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ten day challenge, day two

Yesterday was the first day of my 10 Challenge.  You can see that one here if you missed it.
Today is 9 loves.  This one should be easy, right?
 
Number One
It should go without saying that my first loves are my husband, Emma and my family.  They are without a doubt the best things in my life.

longworth-4
*Picture by Anna Feccia

Number Two
I love the fall and winter.  I love the colder weather, the rain, the colors and the holidays during this time of the year.  It means spending time with family and passing down traditions my parents started with me to Emma.
DSC_1390(edited)
Fall 2010

2010 11 27_0562
Pumpkin Patch 2010

PICT1642
Thanksgiving 2008

100_2770 (1)
Christmas in the Park 2009

Number Three
Reading.  It’s the best thing ever.  I love holding books.  I love browsing around the library or book store.  I love the quiet of it.  I love the smell of walking into an old used bookstore.  It’s musty and dusty, but somehow it’s comforting.  I like wondering about the people who read or owned those books before me.

Number Four
I love to cook.  Trying out new recipes, watching cooking shows of any kind.  New pots and pans, kitchen gadgets…I love it.

Number Five
I love gadgets.  Sometimes in my purse (which is rather gianormous sometimes) I will have my Nikon DSLR, Nook, iPad, iPhone and DS.  Now I also carry around the Canon film SLR, sometimes my Holga.  Basically, if someone were to mug me and steal my purse I'd be out somewhere around $2000.  Yikes.  Plus a husband because Ray would probably have a heart attack.

Number Six
I love Kevin Smith.  I've been in love with him since about 1995 when I first saw Clerks.  It was a movie where they mostly stood around and talked.  It was when I discovered my love for dialogue centric movies.  Over the years my obsession grew.  Remember how I said I don't understand Twitter?  Well, the main reason why I even go on there is to see what Kevin & his wife Jen are tweeting about.  Pretty much he can do no wrong in my eyes.  I have never seen a movie of his I disliked.  I have all his books, listen to all his podcasts and try to see him every time he's here in the Bay Area.  It's a sickness I suppose, but really he's intelligent, hilarious, sweet and crass and I love him.
2010 05 02_1410 (1)
2010 05 02_1402 (1)
Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier

Number Seven
I loved my wedding.  I thought it was perfect.  I loved my dress, my bridesmaid dresses, the Chiavari chairs, my drunk friends, my husband's drunk friends, the food, the cake, the flowers, the pictures, the venue....everything.  There is literally nothing I would change.  I love that I didn't have to put my parents into debt (again) to pay for it.  I loved how handsome Ray looked in his tux.  The day was perfect.  Tiring, but perfect.
Picture 194
Picture 238
Picture 107
*Photography by Marty Ikeda

Number Eight
I love Disneyland.  There is nothing that I don't love about Disneyland...well except maybe crowded summers in Disneyland, but even that I can deal with just to be there.  I love that we have these at Disneyland:

100_0470
Ready for Disneyland
We got a brick with Ray & my name and our anniversary date when we went on our honeymoon.  When Emma was just a couple of months old we headed down south for a family matter and while there stopped by Disneyland to look at our brick (it was the first time we saw it).  Emma was only 2 months old in that first picture.  While we were there we ordered another brick.  This time with Emma’s name and her birthday on it.  She’s almost two in the picture right above.  So when the new baby is born we’ll head back to get another brick.  Hopefully they’ll still be available!

Number Nine
I love photography.  I love taking pictures but mostly I love looking at other people’s work.  Some of my favorite photo blogs?
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much