Thursday, February 3, 2011

I ♥ Lists

As you can tell from my sidebar I like lists.  I make lists for everything and I love list apps on my iPhone & iPad.  It’s a sickness really.  I will even add things I’ve already done onto my to do list just so I can check them off and feel self-satisfied.

Hey, I’m not ashamed.

So I spent today going back and forth trying to organize my list of books I’m going to read this year.  I have so many books on my book shelf and on my Nook that I have had for years and never picked up.  I have literature ADD.  I get started on a new series or see an interesting book I’ll pick it up and forget about the books I already have at home.  Someone is hosting a book challenge in which you only read the books you already have on your shelf.  Sounds like a good idea, but you can’t buy any books during the year and I just can’t commit to that nonsense.

So in order to get through about half of the books I have on my Nook I plan on read 6 ebooks a month.  Then to get read all the books on my bookshelves I’ll need to read 6 of those books a month.  That leaves me with 6 to 12 books that I can either add on as I go or grab from the library because I can resist neither the bookstore or the library.

I’ve also got to fit in there somewhere the myriad of graphic novels I’ve accumulated.  Yeah, it’s a process.

So here’s my to be read list for 2011.
1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Jeff Lindsay
2. Divine By Mistake - PC Cast
3. Narcissus in Chains - Laurell K. Hamilton
4. Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
5. Tell No One - Harlan Coben
6. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
7. The Hourglass Door - Lisa Mangum
8. Immortal Beloved - Cate Tiernan
9. Once Dead, Twice Shy - Kim Harrison
10. Wings - Aprilynne Pike
11. Wayfarer - RJ Anderson
12. Blood Ninja II - Nick Lake
13. Hide - Lisa Gardner
14. Cross Fire - James Patterson
15. Spell Hunters - RJ Anderson
16. Tiger's Curse - Colleen Houck
17. Break No Bones - Kathy Reichs
18. Say Goodbye - Lisa Gardner
19. Alice I Have Been - Melanie Benjamin
20. Cerulean Sins - Laurell K. Hamilton
21. China Lake - Meg Gardiner
22. Indulgence in Death - JD Robb
23. One Shot - Lee Child
24. The Cove - Catherine Coulter
25. On the Run - Iris Johansen
26. Cutting Edge - Allison Brennan
27. Mr. Darcy, Vampyre - Amanda Grange
28. C.Y.A. Covert Youth Agency: The Case of Tangled Love - Jason Ancona
29. The Serpent's Tale - Ariana Franklin
30. Reliquary - Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
31. Caught - Harlan Coben
32. Incubus Dreams - Laurell K. Hamilton
33. Mission Canyon - Meg Gardiner
34. The City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau
35. The Hard Way - Lee Child
36. The Maze - Catherine Coulter
37. Fatal Secrets - Allison Brennan
38. Bones to Ashes - Kathy Reichs
39. A Monstrous Regiment of Women - Laurie R. King
40. The Coffin Dancer - Jeffery Deaver
41. Ghost Shadow - Heather Graham
42. Cradle & All - James Patterson
43. Jericho Point - Meg Gardiner
44. Micah - Laurell K. Hamilton
45. The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
46. The Girl She Used to Be - David Cristofano
47. The People of Sparks - Jeanne DuPrau
48. The Target - Catherine Coulter
49. The Empty Chair - Jeffery Deaver
50. Ghost Night - Heather Graham
51. Hide & Seek - James Patterson
52. The Alibi Man - Tami Hoag
53. Heart of the Matter - Emily Griffin
54. Man's Best Friend - Elizabeth Young
55. Belong to Me - Marisa de los Santos
56. Danse Macabre - Laurell K. Hamilton
57. The Bride Collector - Ted Dekker
58. The Edge - Catherine Coulter
59. The Neighbor - Lisa Gardner
60. Watchlist - Jeffery Deaver
61. Ghost Moon - Heather Graham
62. See How They Run - James Patterson
63. Ashes to Ashes - Tami Hoag
64. Little Earthquakes - Jennifer Weiner
65. The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
66. Cocktails for Three - Madeleine Wickham
67. How to Be an American Housewife - Margaret Dilloway
68. Live to Tell - Lisa Gardner
69. Riptide - Catherine Coulter
70. Secrets to Happiness - Sarah Dunn
71. The Harlequin - Laurell K. Hamilton
72. Waiter Rant - Steve Dublanica
73. Judge & Jury - James Patterson
74. Dust to Dust - Tami Hoag
75. Good in Bed - Jennifer Weiner
76. Without a Backward Glace - Kate Veitch
77. Women of the Silk - Gail Tsukiyama
78. Saving Fish From Drowning - Amy Tan
79. Blood Noir - Laurell K. Hamilton
80. Breathless - Dean Koontz
81. Dark Places - Gillian Flynn
82. Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison
83. Death's Excellent Vacation - Charlaine Harris
84. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe
85. Season of the Machete - James Patterson
86. Prior Bad Acts - Tami Hoag
87. Goodnight Nobody - Jennifer Weiner
88. The Wedding - Nicholas Sparks
89. Single Wife - Nina Solomon
90. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
91. Dismantled - Jennifer McMahon
92. Executive Privilege - Phillip Margolin
93. Skin Trade - Laurell K. Hamilton
94. The Book of Lies - Brad Meltzer
95. The Hour I First Believed - Wally Lamb
96. Your Heart Belongs to Me - Dean Koontz
97. The Thomas Berryman Number - James Patterson
98. Kill the Messenger - Tami Hoag
99. The Man of My Dreams - Curtis Sittenfeld
100. Down Came the Rain - Brooke Shields
101. Snow Flower & the Secret Fan - Lisa See
102. Essential Charlotte - Libby Schmais
103. Carved in Bone - Jefferson Bass
104. Flirt - Laurell K. Hamilton
105. Island of Lost Girls - Jennifer McMahon
106. The Dangerous Days of Daniel X - James Patterson
107. The Mist - Carla Neggers
108. The Monster of Florence - Douglas Preston
109. The Midnight Club - James Patterson
110. Marshmallows for Breakfast - Dorothy Koomson
111. Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
112. Three Wishes - Liane Moriarty
113. Devil in the Junior League - Linda Francis Lee
114. If I am Missing or Dead - Janine Latus
115. Bullet - Laurell K. Hamilton
116. Mr. Peanut - Adam Ross
117. Shanghai Girls - Lisa See
118. The Alchemyst - Michael Scott
119. The Bonesetter's Daughter - Amy Tan
120. The Case of the Missing Marquess - Nancy Springer
121. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
122. Sushi for Beginners - Marian Keyes
123. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
124. Never Change - Elizabeth Berg
125. Bad Heir Day - Wendy Holden
126. The Perfect Couple - Brenda Novak
127. Angelology - Danielle Trussoni
128. Dirty Little Angels - Chris Tusa
129. My Soul to Lose - Rachel Vincent
130. My Zombie Ex-Girlfriend - Cora Zane
131. The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
132. The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder - Rebecca Wells
133. Vampire Taxonomy - Meredith Woerner
134. You Were Always Mom's Favorite! - Deborah Tannen
135. The Other Side of the Story - Marian Keyes
136. Farm Fatale - Wendy Holden
137. Open House - Elizabeth Berg
138. The Liar's Club - Mary Karr
139. The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
140. All I Want is Everything - Cecily von Ziegesar
141. Spells - Pike, Aprilynne Pike
142. Deadly Little Games - Laurie Faria Stolarz
143. Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith
144. Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith
145. Blessed - Cynthia Leitich Smith
146. Fearscape - Simon Holt
147. Wishful Thinking - Alexandra Bullen
148. The Maze Runner - James Dashner
149. The Scorch Trials - James Dashner
150. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
151. The Golden Spiral - Lisa Mangum
152. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
153. Virals - Kathy Reichs
154. Dead Girl Walking - Linda Joy Singleton
155. A Grave Talent - Laurie R. King
156. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
157. Nightseer - Laurell K. Hamilton
158. 61 Hours - Lee Child
159. A Grave of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

So has anyone read any of these books?  What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. WHAT?! How long did it take you to make this list??? That is amazing. I'm a new follower via the Hogwarts Challenge!!! :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lah! It pretty much took me all day. But I basically just went through and listed everything on my shelves and everything on my Nook so the most difficult part was typing it all out! Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, stumbled upon your blog via Google, I was just wondering if you have the ebook (in epub or pdf format) for Blood Ninja II by Nick Lake, as it was included in your list? I just got my iPad and was thinking about putting the iBooks app to good use, thanks :) you can email me at cheeyi@gmail.com if you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @cheeyi - Hi & welcome! Sorry, I got that book from the library so no, I don't have it in eReader form. It was a good book though! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much