Monday, February 7, 2011

Say What?

I’ve always ‘collected’ quotes.  Anytime I heard or read something funny or poignant, something that moved me in some way I would jot it down somewhere.  So every Monday I’m going to post some quotes that I’ve loved over the years.

When I worked at Cucina! Cucina! (Macaroni Grill before there was Macaroni Grill) we had to have some sort of neckwear that ‘told a story’ about us.  It was the lamest thing ever.  Think Joanna and her 37 pieces of flair in Office Space.  Yeah, lame.  So I wrote out a bunch of quotes on index cards, strung them through some ribbon and wore that around my neck.  That lasted awhile until I finally gave up and walked around with a tiny bottle of vodka instead.  Hey, they were refillable.

So here’s my Cucina flair.

‘Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of time.  I mean, there are too many mediocre things in life and love shouldn’t be one of them.’ – Frankie, Dream for an Insomniac

‘Foolin’ a man ain’t all that hard.  Finding one that ain’t a fool is a lot harder.’ – A Cowgirl’s Guide to Life

‘I can walk like a man, but I’m not one.’ – Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

‘Yep, vampires and real.  A lot of them live in Sunnydale.  Willow will fill you in.’ ‘I know, it’s hard to accept at first.’ ‘Actually, it explains a lot.’ – Xander, Willow & Oz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

‘If not for bravery the soul would surely die.’ – Richard Marx

‘It’s time for me to act like a man … and hide.’ – Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

‘and I would stand inside my hell and hold the hand of death just to reach you.’ – Melissa Etheridge

‘To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind.’ –Gautier

‘…once he drew with one long kiss my whole soul thru my lips, as sunlight drinketh dew.’ – Alfred, Lord Tennyson

‘I never thought I was worth anything until I met Ricky, but I never believed I was anything until I died.’ – Darby, Second Noah

‘I laugh in the face of danger.  Then I hide until it goes away.’ – Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

‘Troy, aren’t you excited?!’ ‘I’m bursting with fruit flavor.’ – Lelana & Troy, Reality Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much