Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Therapy??

Awhile back I read this post by one of my favorite bloggers, Busy Bee Lauren.  She writes an extremely entertaining blog that inspires me everyday.  She was gifted a fancy little book called Wreck This Journal.  I looked it up and thought, well that’s just not for me.  See, the purpose of the book is exactly as the title describes.  Keri Smith wants you to wreck this journal.  She has you doing all kinds of crazy stuff to the book and while it sounds fun I am just not that person.

Once, my roommate’s dad mentioned that he read a James Patterson book and liked it.  I told him I had every one of his books if he wanted to borrow some.  He went into my room & took a look at my bookshelf.  He said ‘I can’t borrow these, you haven’t even read them yet!’  I popped my head in and took a look, replied that yes, I’d read them all.  He said ‘But they look brand new!’  When I told him that’s just how I keep my books he said there was no way he was going to borrow any of my books because he’d destroy them.  He may have also muttered something about me not being a normal human bean.

This is what most of my books look like and these ones in particular I’ve read multiple times.

But the other day I was buying a book I really wanted on Amazon and Wreck This Journal popped up as a recommendation for me.  You know, 'cause Amazon knows me so well.  I figured it was someone’s way of telling me I needed to get not so anal about my books.  So I put it in my cart and hoped for the best.

Well it arrived today and no time like the present, right? 

 Look at how shiny and pretty that spine is!  Enjoy it while it lasts.  

The first task I attempted was this one:

So here goes …
First attempt … not so good.  Ray told me I sucked at cracking the spine.

So I tried again.

Now that’s a cracked spine my friends.

So that was pretty traumatic.  That means it’ll probably be the last Wreck This Journal post for quite some time.  Don’t hate me.  If you really want some WTJ action in the meantime read BBL’s blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much