Friday, April 29, 2011

entice

Entice by Carrie Jones

The third book in what is easily becoming a never-ending, boring series.  Ugh.

If you haven’t read Need or Captivate don’t read any further.  Spoiler alert on those two.

Zara is hell bent on saving Nick from Valhalla where he has been taken after being nearly killed by the evil pixie king Frank.  Yeah, scary name, I know.  How do you come up with Frank when you’ve got names like Issie, Devyn, Astley and Zara?  Anyway, Frank kills Nick and a valkyrie takes Nick away to Valhalla.  That all happened in Captivate.  Now Zara, a newly minted pixie queen is willing to risk everything, including her friends and family to bring Nick back.

It takes FOREVER!  The book is only 264 pages long but it feels like an eternity.  I can’t say that I really even loved the other two books, I just thought they were okay.  Now this one … meh.  I’m done.

The book ends with a huge dose of uncertainly leaving the door wide open for yet another book.  Why can’t anyone just write trilogies?  What’s wrong with ending a series and moving on to something else?

Yeah, so to sum it up, not my favorite book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much