Monday, April 18, 2011

glimpses of the weekend

This weekend was a busy one.  We went to check out my sister’s new house and then we had a combined birthday party for Emma, Paris & Johnathan.  It was a long weekend full of family and fun!

Beautiful backyard!

So many pretty flowers blooming in the yard.

Chloe seemed to be the only one interested in bubbles.

Emma’s roasting her rock ‘marshmallow’.

Dominic is showing me that it’s a moon rock, not a marshmallow.

Across the street, a castle in the front yard!

Cute tea party decoration at the birthday party.  Paris had a Mad Hatter Tea Party the weekend before with her school friends.

So excited to be in matching dresses!

Cupcakes by Sweet Simple Things.  Always awesome!

Even though Aaron’s not a ‘little’ kid he can’t escape the Happy Birthday song!

I don’t know why, but I love this picture so much!  My nephew is seriously the cutest little boy I know.  He ate all his lunch and waited patiently for his cupcake and then he ate all the frosting and asked for another!  He’s usually so on the go it’s hard to catch a good picture of him.  I might just have to print this one up and put it on the wall!

So that was our busy weekend.  Glad to have survived it!  Now Emma’s counting down the days until her birthday party with all her preschool friends and other buddies.  We go from a party with 6 kids to a party with around 20 kids.  *sigh*  Least we have a couple of weeks to prepare for that one!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Here’s looking forward to a quiet week.  I hope!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool castle! What's it made of? It looks heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ixy - I have no idea! It's outside so it's obvi weatherproof, but it did look like it was hollow inside, like you could actually use it as a Barbie house. It was definitely way cool. I need my sister to make friends with her neighbors so we can get the backstory on that one!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much