Wednesday, April 13, 2011

thanks ixy!

The_Versatile_Blogger_Award

 

My fancy bloggy friend Ixy over at Illusion gave me an award!  Isn’t she the nicest?

So the deal is that I tell you 7 things about myself and pass the award along to 15 other bloggers.  It’s really like a chain letter in blog form, but way more fun. 

1.  I hate clowns.  Who doesn’t, really?  I believe my hate-relationship began with Stephen King’s lovely bundle of joy, Pennywise from It.  Then the more I thought about it the more I found them creepy until my fear went beyond clowns and into the realm of ‘anyone wearing excessive amounts of facepaint or a mask’.  I do much better now, as I was once known to have fainted at the sight of a clown.  I don’t do that anymore, but I do freak out.

2.  Things that are meant to be creepy I generally find to be awesome.  And sometimes cute.

3.  I love ketchup on my mac & cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches.  I don’t think it’s that strange to put ketchup on my grilled cheese sandwiches because people always eat them with tomato soup so it’s not really that different, but I have yet to find anyone who likes it on their mac & cheese.  *sigh*

4. When I was in elementary school I was one of the last two kids in the Spelling Bee.  Until I spell ‘knee’ as ‘nee’.  To this day whenever I spell knee I think of my crushing defeat.

5.  I dress like a bum most of the time.  I’m constantly afraid that one day I’ll answer the door and it’ll be Oprah’s crew coming to show people how horribly I dress.

6.  I could go to Disneyland once a month if I could.  Ray would probably go insane, but I loooooooove it. 

7. I really dislike that while pregnant I can’t eat sushi.  I wonder if women in Japan abstain from eating sushi while they’re pregnant.  I think not.

I’m not listing 15 bloggers because I know a lot that I read have just been awarded so I’m doing 5 that I haven’t done before.  You should definitely check out their blogs!

  1. Sewing Chic
  2. Diary of a SnuggleSlut
  3. Our Happily Ever After
  4. Sonia’s Wonder World
  5. The Minute Man’s Wife

6 comments:

  1. I've never been to Disneyland. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and may decide to try my next one with ketchup in your honor! And I will gladly get down on one "nee" to accept your award! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the award :) The clown-triggered fainting really piqued my interest. You should do a post on the story behind that - it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay!!! This is my first ever award!! ;) Thanks so much!!

    As to Disneyland, I lived and worked there for 8 months, and I still have withdrawals ;) Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thank you for the award/link!! You rock.

    I LOVE, love sushi. I was a "good girl" and didn't eat any of it while preggers. While in hospital after Norah was born, hubby brought some to me. Doc happened to swing by while I was making love to some spicy tuna rolls. While stuffing my face, I made some comment about missing the stuff for nine months to which my doc replied, "I don't have any objections to eating sushi during pregnancy." Well, Hell.

    Love your list. I need to get my butt in gear and post! With the return of hubby, Spring Break and tax season at work, I have had very little time for writing!!!

    Blog love to you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kari! I just saw your message as I opened my computer this morning. I am very honored to receive the award!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much