Friday, April 15, 2011

the library is evil

DSC_4050(edited)

Today I went to the library to pick up one book I had on hold.  My plan was to get in and out since I’ve got 6 books on my Nook I’m reading right now.  When I picked up the book on hold, Where She Went by Gayle Forman I realized I had put the wrong one on hold.  I still need to read the first book If I Stay.  So I wandered around looking to see if maybe it might be there somewhere.

Big mistake.

Sitting on the new books shelf were all the books I’ve been waiting for and three that I didn’t even know were out yet!  Of course I had to pick them up because who knows when I’ll get the chance to check them out again!  Of course, since they’re new books they’re all due back in 7 days and the chances of renewing them are pretty much zilch.

Why do I do this to myself??!??

But really?  Could you resist?

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare is the fourth in the Mortal Instruments series.  I have been dying for this book!  I made the mistake of buying the first three in paperback which meant that I couldn’t buy this one when it came out because it would be in hardback!  Oh bad hindsight!  When I went to put a hold on the book I was #76 or something like that.  Unbelievable.  But when I walked up to the new shelf and saw it I almost had a heart attack!  I can’t WAIT to start reading this one!  If you haven’t read the Mortal Instrument series you MUST.  Go get them now!  City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass and now City of Fallen Angels.

The-Gathering

Kelley Armstrong wrote the Darkest Powers trilogy that was great, but ended soooo unsatisfactorily.  Now she’s started a new series beginning with The Gathering.

I didn’t even KNOW Herbie Brennan was writing another book in the Faerie Wars Chronicles.  This one takes place a number of years after Faerie Lord and a whole new generation of troubles with all our favorite people!

The Iron Daughter & The Iron Queen are part of a new series I started by Julie Kagawa.  The first one was interesting enough so now I must continue to read.  They were both there, right next to each other.  I’m screwed.

Entice by Carrie Jones

Carrie Jones’s Entice.  The third in the Pixies series.  I’m lukewarm on this series, but I must know what happens to Nick.  I MUST.

130263.dd

Threads and Flames by Esther Friesner.  I have no idea what this book is about, but I really liked the cover.

Really, I’m obsessed.  I guess on the bright side, I’m not buying these so at least I’m not going crazy there.

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I'm a library delinquent and regularly bring books back late, because I've taken out too many and haven't finished reading them all. Like you said, at least I'm not buying them, right?

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love. or hate. don't mind either, but if you leave the hate be prepared. i bite back.

Disqus for know-it-not-so-much